Saturday, December 30, 2006

Going through the motions...

I found myself on the roof at around 2 AM Taipei time. I was shock when my eyes gazed toward the world's tallest building. The 101 has an array of lights and they run through a relatively predictable cycle. That is to say that by midnight it is operating with minimal lighting. There is just more than enough to forewarn an errant plane, But at this wee hour of the morning it was fully lit in a brilliant blue and before my eyes it changed and cycled through an array of the color spectrum. I was intrigued so I climbed the water tower and sat down. I figured they must be running test in preparation for the upcoming New Years spectacular. I got a random sneak peak at the big show, minus the fireworks. It seem that this years show is being paid for by Sony again. Last year after the bombing of the 101, the world tallest building turned in to the world tallest advertisement. It appears that it will again.
While the events the latter quarter of this fine year have caused me much dread, I am still somewhat excited about New Years. I had what may just have been the worst Christmas ever. While it's hard to truly quantify such a thing, being that highs and low usually average out for me, this Christmas was extremely trying. Yet still I am excited about the prospect of stating over in a new year. I am also excited about being one of the first people in the world to greet the new year. My dilemma is whither to stay on my rooftop or climb my neighborhood mountain. I can get a great photo from either. The mountain view would be better, but there is the chance that in a county of 9 million there just might be a "few" other people with the same idea. I t would be a shame to hike the distance and find there are no go places to set up my tripod........

later DJ

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's truly amazing that you have a neighborhood mountain!

5:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home