Sunday, July 30, 2006




BACK FROM MY TOUR IN NAM

Hello or should I say...Xin Chao!!!!!!
I just wanted to let everyone know that I that I have arrived safely back to Taipei. Vietnam was amazing!!! I did''t know exactly what to expect; this being my first time in what is still considered a communist state. The government likes to remind you of how many civilians died it what they call the "American War of Aggression" It is a bit of a sad time in world history, but I don't want to get into all of that right now. To keep it short (I am a bit weary from my traveling; I just arrived back a few hours earlier.) I saw a lot. I learned a lot. I saw things that appalled me, and I saw thing that give hope to humanity. I must also say that I had a good deal of fun as well. I saw eye opening sites. The mountains of the central highlands are some of the most beautiful I have ever had the opportunity to see. They are even more intense from a motorcycle. It really is a land in transition. It is nothing like I expected it to be. I have so much I can say about the place. It was a perfect experience, but now I must sleep I had a long journey thought a very foreign place. Taipei fells more like home then ever. Here are a few random photos. I plan to write and post more pictures soon, but tomorrow I start work again. The new semester begins. If it comes to be more then a few days someone send a comment and remind me to get going and post something. Also feel free to ask me questions.
Peace.....Daniel James









0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home