Sunday, July 17, 2005


This is the beginning of my great adventure. This is the document that will get me there. Within a week I will be on my way to a place so different from my home in the Midwest. I don't really know the language, but I will be learning a lot. I have a teaching job lined up. I will be going with 140 lbs of my worldly belongings, my road bike, and a bag of books. I am both excited and anxious. These past few weeks have been spent worrying about passports and visas, trying to sell my Subaru, and finding a place to store everything too precious to throw away. The job is not complete. I still have loose ends to tie up. I hope I can finish everything in the remaining days.
If I have a chance I will write more before I leave. If not my next post will be from "The Other Side of the World," Taipei, Taiwan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home